Each night, weather and aurora forecasts are thoroughly studied with the aim of finding the best location to see the Northern Lights in the Icelandic countryside.
This unique offering helps you enjoy the Northern Lights with a smaller group size, 16-19 passengers maximum, providing better viewing, more quality time with your fellow travellers, and an overall more intimate setting for enjoying one of Mother Nature’s most incredible displays.
The Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, are caused by collisions between particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole, and NASA scientists have predicted the best possible conditions for seeing them is in the current decade. In Iceland, they’re visible during the winter months, from late August to April, and appear in many different forms and colors with light green and pink being the most commonly seen.
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 30 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here. If your pick up has not arrived 20 minutes after the pick up starts, please call +354 580 5400.
- Total duration approximately 3-4 hours
- Free on-board Wi-Fi
- Average tour group size: 19
- Online offer only
- Northern Lights sightings are not guaranteed. No refund or reduction in price if northern lights are not seen during tour. If you don't see the northern lights on the tour you will be offered to join another Northern Lights tour for free the following evening, based on availability
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Minimum age: Six (6) years
- Not included: Meals during the tour
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.